Should I buy this?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GhettoSmurf187, Jan 26, 2013.

1. GhettoSmurf187

Nov 22, 2012
    I've been adventuring on Craigslist and I found someone who is selling a Peavy TNT 115 for $375. I contacted him and asked if he would be willing to trade. I offered to trade my Epiphone Thunderbird IV and he said that would be possible with 200 cash. Is it worth it?
  2. SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
  3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    The TNT is worth $200........max.
  4. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2008
    Maybe if he was giving you the $200 cash!
  5. Sponsored by:

6. GhettoSmurf187

Nov 22, 2012
    You guys are awesome. Thanks. :)
  7. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
  8. 4StringShooter

4StringShooter Banned

Jun 26, 2011
    London, Ontario, Canada
    GBX Member #1 away !!!!!
  9. AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Endorsing Artist: VF Cables, Dirtbag Clothing
    nope. its a good amp but not worth more than $200
  10. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Sweet goodness LOL that guy thought he had a sucker give me a link to that ad I want to tell him I have an old Fender bass I think from the 60's just collecting dust would he do a trade I can also add some cash?
  11. You could probably get close to a full Peavey stack on the used market for that much.

Massive +1 to everyone saying the TNT is worth half that, at most, if in mint condition.

If you are ever unsure about a price, look on eBay as a rough guide:

Peavey TNT 115, newer model, looks to be in really good condition and a set price of $195.
  12. Kmonk

Oct 18, 2012
    South Shore, Massachusetts
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    Not even close. I do not like Epiphone (or as I call them Epi-phony) but the bass is worth more than the amp.
  13. GhettoSmurf187

Nov 22, 2012
    I wish I could but he took the ad down. I figured he was pushing a bit. Then again, he doesn't need the bass and I could use a replacement amp for the time being. Again, thanks for the support everyone and confirming what I was thinking. I figured Peaveys didn't have very great resell value.
  14. GhettoSmurf187

Nov 22, 2012
    I can't say I'm the biggest fan either. I bought it during high school strictly for showmanship. I get tons of compliments on it but nowadays it hibernates in its case.