Should I Change?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Tripehound, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Tripehound

Tripehound

I've got a Fender Bassman TV15 because I fell in love with its looks as much as anything. My basses are a MIM Jazz Deluxe and a Gretsch Broadkaster and yes, I bought the latter largely because of its looks. I accept that I am a shallow individual.

Anyway, I seem to have ended up with something of a 'vintage' sound or at least appearance. My band plays largely covers such as Stones, Bowie, Mott, Springsteen etc. and it works pretty well but I'm thinking of shaking it up a bit.

I'm now drawn to the Lakland Hollowbody and I've just been looking at the Ashdown Klystron 500 & 4 x 10 cab.

Would I regret changing?

2. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

.. if financially able, life is too short to spend it playing gear that would prefer to change ...

.. with that said, I am really not financially able some times, and do it anyway ... OR, I sometimes purchase what I think I want/need, while holding onto what I currently have and comparing side by side ... that has its dangers too, as you can imagine .. but it is probably the only way to avoid the 'regret' that you are talking about .. JMHO

3. tranceFusion

tranceFusion

You could not change but rather add?

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Hound, you're full of Tripe! We all buy stuff 'cos it looks cool to our eyes. That goes from cars to TVs. :)

As for the Lakland, they make beautiful instruments. If you like hollow body basses and you have the funds to buy one without leaving you skint go for it. Same with the amp. Ashdown make some really good gear so if you like what comes out go for it too.

My only caveat is leave a few Quid in the bank - you never know what tomorrow brings. My best wishes to you Sir. :D

Edit: Never could stand Tripe. Even with onions no way! :(

5. Register to disable this ad