So what would you do in my situation? I have an opportunity to play down at SXSW in March. Most bands\musicians would jump at this opportunity. However I am starting to second guess doing it. Our band was offered a opening slot at a club down there on a Friday at noon.. So I'd have to drive over 12hrs to get there play for 30 min and not get any money. And most likely play to an empty bar due to the time slot.. So you can see my problem. I'd have to leave my family for at least three days to play and not come home with really anything except the experience of playing in Austin at SXSW. We have tried booking some shows on the way down or up and have not had any luck. If I bail we have a guy that can fill in for me and the band would still play the gig.. I am just really stuck on this decision and I thought I'd see what others would do in my situation. Thanks!