1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Should I put Bartolini BC5CBC-T in my Gary Willis GWB35?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kirkdickinson, Jan 27, 2014.

1. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

I just purchased a Gary Willis bass from another TB'er and it came with a Bartolini BC5CBC-T pick up that he had bought but never installed. I am wondering how this would change the sound of the bass over the stock Ibanez one?

I know it will change the sound. I am fairly happy with the sound it has now. I am wondering in what way it would be effected by the Bartolini pickup.

Thanks,

Kirk

2. kirkdickinson

kirkdickinson

Doing some reading on some other threads here and it seems like the consensus is that a change in the pre-amp does more good than the change in the pickup. To actually put a real Bartolini preamp in instead of the Ibanez on that is there.

Fell into another thread where people were talking about the virtues of the Bartolini preamp vs the Aguilar preamp. Added more confusion to my thinking.

I use an Aguilar Tone Hammer pedal which has the Aguilar OBP-3 preamp in it.

Can't imagine that having two OBP-3 preamps, one in the bass and another in my DI would add anything.

Any opinions??

3. tylerwylie

tylerwylie Supporting Member

The pickup isn't that good either. Swap both out. Do it. Do it now.