Shout-out to Acoustic Image

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Spacecase, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Spacecase

Spacecase

I've been going to a weekly local blues jam for the past several month. Recently, the bassist in the house band, who typically brings a small speaker cabinet with an Acoustic Image amplifier, started bringing a small PA rig. When I asked why, he said his regular amp was on the fritz.

Several weeks passed and I asked if it was in repair and was told it wasn't. Since I had the wherewithal to perhaps fix it, I offered to look at it. When I got back home and pulled the lid off the amp, I quickly saw a part that had been overstressed. The next day, I called Acoustic Image to see if a replacement was available, and the president of the company, Rick Jones, answers the phone. I tell him what I see, and he says the amp can be fixed under warranty. This, mind you, is a 12-year old product. What's published on the web site indicates the warranty is honored within 5 years of the date of purchase.

Well, the amp has been fixed and it's back in service. I feel the need to acknowledge the events that transpired.

It's refreshing to call a phone number for product service and have a human answer. It's unusual when the president of the company answers. It's remarkable when service is offered gratis when it's not expected. This is why I love dealing with small companies. Even if the product initially costs a bit more, it's worth it in the end. A big shout-out to Acoustic Image and Rick Jones.

2. SassyHardwrench

SassyHardwrench

I have an AI Corus because I also play guitar. A few years ago I blew the midrange speaker. I called and Rick diagnosed the problem over the phone - and I had a new speaker in 3 days. I've had a problem with one of the input jacks, This summer I sent the head in for repair and in about a week I got it back. My amp is 9 years old. Now I play the U-bass through it and WOW WOW WOW! I have used this amp with a big band. Once the guitar player was sick and was a no- show. He also supplied the PA. No problem.. I put the singer through the other channel of the AI. Good to go. Plus 19 lbs is a winner.