1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Show off....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Plays_For_Dog, Jan 12, 2013.

1. And you think your guitarist is a show off? Try backing this dude....

2. pflash4001

pflash4001

Dec 2, 2011
    Sometimes you just gotta ask, "why?" then you think "well, why not!"

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. lol. Yeap, if you can do, go forth and do. It would be a nightmare trying to back him though.

I think I would have pooped my pants if he had a bass on one neck and a guitar on the other.

5. I'm still stuck on .."Why?"...

6. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

In his case, the answer is because he can.
    Batio is a technical monster. His career is built on the goofy guitar hero character.

7. jaxstarke

jaxstarke

Nov 6, 2010
    Needs more cowbell.......and a better wig.

8. That's just his double guitar: have you seen his quad guitar? :p

He might be one of those archetypal shredder show-offs, but he is pretty darned good at what he does.

9. +1

And from what I've seen of the guy, he seems like a pretty chill dude, unlike many other shredders from the day.

And to answer your question of who could back up such insanity, well... check out his band, Nitro:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGIk6QqSHd4

:bag:

10. lol. Exactly the band I would imagine him being in.

Dude has chops, no doubt. Him being grounded and a nice guy is honorable. Him having to refret his guitar after every performance is pure insanity. :bassist:

11. Funny fact: The super goofily big haired lead singer from the band I linked the vid to was(is?) married to Lita Ford. :eek: