Show us your.... Amp Brand T-Shirts!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by PWV, Feb 19, 2013.

1. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Uhh.... because we can! *It occurs to me that I can nearly outfit myself for the entire week. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
  2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

I really need to get my picture taken wearing one of my 3 Jule Amp tshirts!
  3. Biggbass

Biggbass Supporting Member

I used to race motorcycles and during the last few years of racing I had several endorsement deals for gear, bike parts, etc. Those endorsements required that I display the logos of those companies on my bikes, race clothing, helmets, and trailer. I had no problem since they were providing me with their products for each race. However, after going through that experience it caused me to take notice that nearly everyone, especially in America, seems ready and willing to advertise for anyone who'll put their logo on a T shirt, Hoodie, Cap, Shoes, and so on, without the slightest thought about compensation for that advertising. TV networks don't give ad time away for free. Nascar sells ad space by the square inch. It costs Nike $$$ to put their logo on a billboard or on the out field wall at the ballpark. Yet we consumers not only display it without compensation but shell out our hard earned dollars to purchase the shirt too. If the equipment manufacturers that I have purchased my preferred gear from, the same ones that provide basses and amps and cables and strings to other players for their endorsements, want me to advertise their gear for them, and persuade other musicians to buy those products by my display of their logos, then they can sign me on as an endorser and provide my gear. But as long as I am paying for the gear I don't wear logos.
  4. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
  5. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Well the only amp shirt I own is Monolith Loudspeakers, which is now deservedly just used for cleaning up dog barf.
  6. basscooker

basscooker

Disclosures:
    Owner, Chopshopamps.com
    i found an AMPRO shirt on evilbay. it's packed away with summer tees now, but it has exactly the same logo. weird since technically it's a/v stuff, not exactly guitar or bass. i guess with those old jensen p12 drivers, they have a bit of a fandom among guitar guys.

[​IMG]
  7. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member

Print is solid red, came out kind of striped in the pic from the reflection.

[​IMG]
  8. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

That's funny - I payed and ordered for a shirt from that guy, and he finally refunded me the money. After weeks of haggling to get the shirt, I gave up and said I would file a grievance with Paypal. He refunded immediately and said he would send the shirt anyway. Never did. :eyebrow:

But that "shirt-that-wasn't" ended up being my canary in the coal mine. It revealed what a flake he was and I lost any desire to have him build a Sunn-clone cab for me.

My very first bass came with a free t shirt as swag, and I've always been a sucker when those Swag shirts come around again.
  9. Lazarus.Bird

Lazarus.Bird Mr. Personality Supporting Member

Hahaha. Consider yourself lucky you only got screwed on a t-shirt. Those of us in the stoner/doom thread who pre-ordered Magma pre's weren't so lucky D: