1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Show us your Samick bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Muziekschuur, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

I bought my first bass ....uh.. 18 years ago. And it still is with me today. I'ts a P-bass and is a Valley Arts bass. It's nice and simple. And I've been watching the Samick bashing years and years... And .... well.... I got some of that. But not all. Firstly it never applied to my bass as that one plays nice.

I now allso own a Dean 6 string. And that bass thought me I like a smaller string spacing. But I could never really fault the Samick bass on issues like bending neck or a bad sound. It allways was that P. Bass with a tick neck. And I've put some effort in now and it's just a nice playing instrument.

And then you realise there are so many different Samick basses out there. So please show us your Samick basses....
  2. Muziekschuur

Muziekschuur

Bump...

You know you have a Samick hanging on the wall. It's nice... Right?
  3. chef wong

chef wong

The Samick fretless 4 string I had a year ago had a completely loose truss rod. The rod worked fine. It's just that the neck was so strong, you didn't even have to use it. I don't know if it was the maple, or the full quarter inch of rosewood for a fingerboard that made it that way. Just one of those things, I guess.