1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Show your Hot Rod or favorite Ride

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by NYCbassist, Dec 25, 2012.

1. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

When I'm Not Jamming, I can be found working on my Hot Rod. My Dart was a Dragster and I recently got it all back to street legal. Let's see your favorite rides.:hyper:
    [​IMG]
  2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

By "street legal", do you mean 'street legal', or 'street legal, for the purposes of this conversation'?
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Nice! All I have is this...it's a grocery getter. People tell me they took driver's training in this car:

Attached Files:

4. NYCbassist

That's gorgeous. I bet it's a sleeper. :cool:
    This car would never be legal up north I don't think. I've been In Mount Airy, NC for 7 years and I don't even have to inspect cars over 25 years old. The lights all work. Brakes & Tires are Brand new. Still need Seat Belts installed but may put in Buckets with Harnesses. She's extremely loud so I take it easy in residential areas,
  5. tplyons

tplyons

This was mine... 1987 GMC Caballero "SS"

Had the Z15 RPO code, which is the Super Sport trim package, but the GMC's didn't get SS badging, just the two-tone paint and front spoiler.

[​IMG]
  6. NYCbassist

Very Nice Tim. Keep 'em Coming guys.
  7. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Thanks! I wish...it's got the Slant Six ;)
  8. nortonrider

nortonrider

9. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

'58 Mercedes-Benz 190SL, 4 cyl,. 1.9L naturally aspirated w/ dual Solex two-stage carbs. Not a hot rod at all, but it's a thrill to drive. Gets around 20 mpg.

[​IMG]
  10. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

I want the silver thing in the background of this photo. He wants to retire and sell the land/house- I think I'm going to see if he'll sell the truck separately so I can have it transported to PHX.

Attached Files:

11. Mike N

Mike N Supporting Member

How did you race it with no seat belts? That's one of the first things they check at the track.

5 point harnesses are not street legal, at least in NY. I was told this during one of my roadside meetings with Johnny Law. I don't understand why, seems to me 5 points would be safer than three, and my harness releases easier and quicker than any stock belt I've ever owned.
  12. hgiles

hgiles

Thats so sweet!
  13. NYCbassist

Thank you!
  14. NYCbassist

The Buckets with harnesses are long gone. It now has a Mint Black Bench seat but the Belts were omitted by the PO:rollno:. I found a set but have to get them installed.
  15. Mike N

Mike N Supporting Member

[​IMG]

My 68 SS396 ElCamino
  16. Richland123

Richland123

While this is not my car, mine looks exactly like this one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. NYCbassist

Awesome rides. The Caballero, Mercedes, Norton & El Camino are Beautiful. Thanks for the Pic's & keep 'em coming. It's cool to see that so many of us Bass Players like our Older Cars too. Man I'm GAS'ing for a Norton now.
  18. NYCbassist

Nice. I heard these were really fast. What's under the hood?
  19. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

20. Richland123

Richland123

Mine has a high performance Vortec 6 under the hood. Yes, it is very fast, hugs the road, and actually gets 32-34 miles per gallon on the highway. They also came with a V-8 that is even faster.