1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Shure GLXD

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by bandbdad, Feb 23, 2014.

1. bandbdad

bandbdad

I'm considering switching from my Line6 G90 which just went out on me to the Shure GLXD for my bass. But, I have a couple of concerns:

I'm interested in the stomp box (GLXD6) for my pedal board, but it does not include the built in charger that the GLXD4 has. So does it come with a separate charging station? That seems like just another pc of equip to carry and not lose!
    Also, does the built in tuner mute the signal when selected? I use a Boss volume pedal with a dedicated tuner out so that even if the pedal is "off" the signal still goes to the tuner for "silent tuning".
    Lastly, the options for instrument cables do not include any 90deg options, which I prefer. Will the Shure WA-304 work on these transmitters?

Thanks for your help!
  2. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk Supporting Member

The GLXD is sweet.

Very simple and easy answers to your questions.
    You charge the transmitter via a USB plug which you can charge through a computer or you get one of those universal adaptors so you can charge in your car or with a wall wart. So lots of charging options. The battery lasts 16 hours... so unless you're doing some crazy marathon gig, just plan ahead and you never have to worry.
    The built in tuner does indeed mute.
    The WA-304 will work or you just buy a right angle tip and solder it onto the cable the comes with it.
  3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Gold Supporting Member

supposedly the battery in these will get an hour+ of playing with like 15-20 minutes of charge time, so even if you let it go too long you can still use one and charge it between sets.

you can also get a little separate charger and another battery to swap out.

i hate both of these options, and i already have a nice tuner, so i'm thinking about the 14 myself with an extra battery to replace my relay G50, which has been fine but not flawless, with the AAs being a pain.
  4. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk Supporting Member

if you replace your tuner with this, u can sell the tuner to offset the cost of the unit. that's what i'll be doing. placing my order this week, in fact.
  5. The_Janitor

The_Janitor

The glxd6 does ship with an ac adapter for charging the battery, it can also be powered from your pedal board if you use a one spot or brick pedal power supply.