1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Shure Mic ID

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by iriegnome, Feb 8, 2014.

1. iriegnome

iriegnome Bassstar style Supporting Member

I bought a vintage Shure Unisphere I 565SD Made in the USA. It is the early version of the SM58, but has been made in cheaper versions since the 1960's. This is not a 60's version since it has a XLR end on it. The really old one had the 4 pin connector. However, the mic I have still says Shure Brothers, Make in USA and Model 565SD. I am thinking it is from about the 1970's, but I could use a little help. I have called Shure and they can't tell me anything other than what is new. Kind of disappointed in that one. I will post a pic or two as soon as I can.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated
  2. iriegnome

3. iriegnome

Not that anyone wanted to respond, but Shure told me that these mic's MIA were produced from 1968 to 1985 when they moved production to Mexico. However, the 3 pin XLR didn't come out until 1972. So I have narrowed the date of my mic to 1972 to 1985.. Still more checking out to do