Shure wireless questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Hotrodmick, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Hotrodmick

Hotrodmick

I have a Shure wireless for my guitars so I tried it on my bass rig. The E string sounds fine but anything else is very weak. Are the wireless units the same for Bass as with guitars or are they different? Just wondering if they are the same or I have a problem with mine.

Thanks

2. Matt Lake

Matt Lake Supporting Member

Mine's a PGX-14 or something like that by Shure for guitars or vocal. It seems to work fine with bass. A couple of us have our own individual transmitters and use the same receiver kept at our church. Works great even with five strings. There's lot of transmitters and receivers in that room and it all works well. Maybe try a different channel(frequency).

3. mdunruh

mdunruh

I'm assuming you used the same receiver/transmitter that you used for the guitar. Did you change any of the settings at the board from when the guitar was on it to when you put the bass on it? I've not ever seen wireless systems that are specific between basses and guitars. I'm guessing it's at the board/eq.

4. Hotrodmick

Hotrodmick

Thanks, our lead guitarist has the same unit. I'll trade at practice and see what happens. I know some of the effects pedals are different , but wasn't sure about the wireless.

5. Register to disable this ad