1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sid Vicious bass guitar

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Brx, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Brx

Brx

I don't know on which bass guitar plays Sid Vicious, can you tell me?
  2. NOISE!

NOISE!

A white fender P-bass.
  3. bassist15

bassist15

Acually Sid Vicious really didnt ''play " the bass. Most of the time , from what ive heard" , they turned his amp WAY down and he just mimed it. ON their albums their guitarist played the bass lines.
  4. LooseFit

LooseFit

Glen Matlock played the bass on all of the Sex Pistols recorded output. He was their original bassplayer and was rehired to record Never Mind The Bollocks due to Sid's inability to play.
  5. enderwaves

enderwaves

actually steve jones played on never mind the bullocks, glen matlock did write/co-write most of those songs though. and yeah, sid always played a white p-bass with (i think) a black pickguard. glen matlock was a fan of rick's. most of the pistol's equipment was said to be secondhand *ahem* from david bowie. i think sid like the white bass because blood showed up particularly well on it in photographs.
  6. kevin_lindsay

kevin_lindsay

Was that the Sex Pistols' tribute album created by your local farmers association???
  7. Foamy

Foamy

Isn't that about what the Squier VM P is supposed to model/represent/honor?
  8. scottice

scottice Supporting Member

LOL. Yep, I read that too.
  9. datsgora

datsgora Guest

Yes it is true, sid could not play the bass.....he just was pissed off alot and thought he looked good holding the bass while snarling......then he shot his girlfriend and O.D.'d on heroin.
  10. ERIC31

ERIC31

the ultimate poser "musician". I don't know why people thought he was so cool. :rollno:
  11. The_D

The_D Well, thats like your opinion. Man...

Haha! Well spotted :p
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I read that Glen Matlock was fired for having Beatle records in his record collection.
  13. KAOSBass

KAOSBass

actually stabbed Nancy....
  14. Koki

Koki

here you go:
  15. Granville

Granville

He could play a little,he was still learning thou when he met nancy then he got into heroin which is a pity for a young impressionable guy.

He looked very cool thou,he knew the songs at the start.
  16. ALiP BoB

ALiP BoB

He was punk. So naturally, he didn't choose the Fender P. More like, he needed a bass. Anyone will do.
  17. datsgora

datsgora Guest

the scum stabbed her death. Thank-you. i had forgotten that bit. peace, John
  18. wolfs

wolfs

like enchanter_tim said above, squier just released bass styled after sid's white p-bass:

http://squierguitars.com/products/search.php?partno=0326800505

the bass is probably more important for exisiting in photographs than any recorded music. that's not to diminish the importance of the sex pistol's american tour...
  19. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

it's said that Sid 'played' a white P-bass because his hero Dee Dee Ramone did... as did Paul Simonon

Dee Dee

[​IMG]

Sid

[​IMG]

Paul

[​IMG]
  20. leroy boy

leroy boy

some guy in Arkansas had a bass on ebay about 3-4 weeks ago that he claimed was rescued from the old Chelsea Hotel and had been syd's original bass. He had nothing to back it up and just sort of threw it in the auction as a conversation point.

Recalling the bloody nose made famous by that photo (Randy's Rodeo in Dallas?) made me wonder if CSI could prove it was his by dna under the pukeguard, I mean pickguard.