1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SideChain Compression Pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DagoMaino, Jan 27, 2014.

1. DagoMaino

DagoMaino Supporting Member

I know Rainger effects used to offer one, but anyone else know of a pedal that can do side chain compression?
  2. aBoMoFo

aBoMoFo Supporting Member

The empress comp does it. Not sure about how well though as I've never played it.
  3. ryansalmond

ryansalmond Supporting Member

4. DagoMaino

I just noticed that the FEA models do too. There is a couple options...
  5. DagoMaino

Hot dang! that FEA is looking' tasty, 3 band EQ on the sidechain is a great idea!
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The FEA Opti-FET is one of the best choices since you don't have to add an EQ pedal and the patch cables, it's built in. But you CAN add an external EQ if you want, as well.

Along with the Empress, the Viva Analog Envelope Lock has a jack for external sidechain processing. I will be reviewing that pedal probably a month or two from now.

The Taurus and Daring pedals have side-chain processing also, but only for their own internal filters, not for an external EQ.
  7. DagoMaino

Thank ya'll! I'm pretty certain that the FEA is going to be the one on the radar, I might be waiting for a bit, but it seems like the perfect tool for what I want.