Sight reading factory?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by LukeMan970, Feb 22, 2012.

1. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

Hey I searched the forums and couldn't find anything about this website so I wanted to know if anyone on here has ever used it?

https://sightreadingfactory.com/

I'm just doing the free week trial of it and it seems pretty nice for practicing sight reading, pretty adjustable too as far as levels of difficulty and how big of intervals you want to work with. Just wanted to know if anyone has used this and thinks it might be worth the money?
  2. Snarf

Snarf Supporting Member

Wow that looks cool. Wish you could go higher than an octave jump though. But I like that you can choose a key. Also wish though you could make longer samples. The hardest level is neat, but it's not CONSISTENTLY difficult.
  3. Spaldo

Spaldo

i'm already a proficient sight-reader, but i think i'll give this a go!
  4. Spaldo

Spaldo

Hey that's cool!

especially the option of minor keys. I don't come across them that often

thanks for the tip!
  5. LukeMan970

LukeMan970

It definitely seems like a pretty good practice tool. I don't know how much it will cost after this free trial is over but I'll be sure to post however much is may be.

I do really like it so far as I'm not that great of a sight reader yet. But being able to get every minor and major key with the difficulty levels has been fun today though
  6. musomark

musomark

Just had a look at the site.

Looks pretty cool. :cool:

Great that it includes dynamics! Just tried a few examples a different levels and they all seemed quite musical.

Couldn't find any way to customize the bass settings - five/six strings, drop-D tuning. It would have to have those features before I'd pay.

Found the price for subscriptions by going to MY ACCOUNT.

Subscription Length
    1 Week ($4.99)
    1 Month ($9.99)
    1 Year ($29.99)

If you used it everyday it might be worth it.
  7. JeffLieby

JeffLieby Supporting Member

Pretty neat, thanks for the tip
  8. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

Excellent tool, thank you for the tip. I've been abusing the easily available tabs in the internet (mostly off Songsterr) and this is a very good way to go back to practicing something more...constructive for my education.
  9. edt844

edt844

I just found their website a few days ago and signed up for a one year subscription. I was looking for a book that would build a solid bass guitar reading foundation, but there isn't much out there for beginners. I dug out my Filiberto books, Vol 1 and position playing. Most of the books I found need a good foundational knowledge of the fingerboard and are ones I will get the most out of later. With this software I can try different keys with easy rhythms. It gives you 16 bars at a time so I don't feel overwhelmed by doted notes, ties, cool rhythms until I select them.

A quick note on why we should learn to read music. I played classical guitar for about 7 years then my left shoulder and elbow problems got so bad I had to give up playing while the arm healed. About three years later, last month, I took out my CG and set some music on the stand. My physical playing skills had deteriorated badly, but I lost very little of my sight reading skills.

Ed S.
  10. tbone0813

tbone0813 Supporting Member

How have you liked this so far?