Signal Chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jaybyname, Feb 5, 2013.

1. jaybyname

jaybyname

Hi all, Im new to this site and need some help. Already spoke to CharlieC regards my V Amp Pro and was most helpful.

I'm just interested in finding out the best way to connect my effects together including my v amp pro. My current set up in my rack consists of-

Wireless
    Behringer Tuner
    Behringer FBQ1502 EQ
    Behringer MDX2200 Compressor
    Behringer V Amp Pro
    Line 6 LD400 Combo.

Ive rigged them all up and the signal is fine, every unit is working and getting a signal/sound when any of the knobs are adjusted so I assume there all talking to each other. I cant remember which order there talking to eachother and nothing is going through the sidechain/effects loop of any unit. Its purely IN>OUT>IN> of each unit etc.

Is there an actual correct order of chain and should I use the loops/sidechains.

Hope you can help.
    Jason
  2. odineye

odineye Supporting Member

The best way I've found to run a setup like that?
    Tuner > Compressor > V-Amp pro > EQ > Amp

A couple of options I've used with a stereo EQ are

1. Daisy chain one channel through the other and switch between two favorite presets.

2. Run one channel between the compressor and processor with a favorite setting to switch in and out for effect and the other channel after the processor for room shaping. (I've found this to be the best application for my use.)
  3. jaybyname

jaybyname

Thanks for reply. Before I had the compressor, mr rig was split into 2 (oddly). My wireless was channel A and my guitar lead was channel B. Sort of split the EQ down the middle. I have the same setup again. Each bank has an EQ and compressor. Obvious sound level difference between the 2 but never had any problems. Have'nt tried the daisy chain way though.
  4. jaybyname

jaybyname

Correct me if Im wrong but I was thinking

BASS-TUNER-PREAMP-EQ-COMPRESSOR-AMP

Which means the output connection on the compressor should go the input on my bass amp combo.

Yes?
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. odineye

odineye Supporting Member

I won't say you're wrong but... I wouldn't do it that way. ;)

All kidding aside, your configuration is just as viable. In my case, I prefer to have a little compression up front to even out my playing, and to keep an eq as close to the end of the chain as possible to dial in the room. That's assuming you'll be using the eq in the pre amp to shape your sound.
  7. jaybyname

jaybyname

I know for a fact thats not my current set up is. Im having aanother look tonight o get my head around. To be fair, I played through it and it sounds monster!!