Signature Strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 5stringfindlay, Jan 24, 2013.

1. 5stringfindlay

5stringfindlay

Anyone here use them at some point? Do they really make a difference? I've usually been skeptical of anything "signature" since it's not really built for you per se, but I'm especially skeptical about strings. Thoughts?

2. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much Supporting Member

Most people's basses weren't built for them either (signature models or not). As with basses I'm sure the average signature string is just a slight variation of the standard, with a healthy dose of marketing. In the case of both bass and strings, if it works for you then don't worry about it.

(written by someone whose strings weren't built for him but whose bass was)

3. LPswim2009

LPswim2009

I've used signature strings before (Steve Harris Rotosounds) to me they're like another string pack regardless of the name... Unless you're a die hard fan of a certain bass player to the point of getting their signature bass with the exact strings they use etc. etc. overall the strings are extremely smooth and are heavier gauge good for a hard rock and metal style IMO

4. 5stringfindlay

5stringfindlay

heh. I guess I phrased the question a bit oddly - obviously anyone's bass isn't built for them exactly. that said, my question can be applied to anything, really.

I thought about this after seeing an ad for GHS Flea Signature strings.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

I think Flea sigs are Boomers with a SS E string. It really is kind of an oddball combination and probably worthy of some sort of unique designation.

7. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I've used the Billy Sheehan Rotosounds. They are a custom gauge that I happen to like.