I recently bought an old 1490 that had a home-made pickguard and old stereo knobs on it, so I decided to make a new pickguard for it. The headstock was missing the badge, but it looked like it was badged as a 'Diplomat'. I didn't think there was any chance of finding one of those badges, so I decided to go with the Silvertone brand which was the Sears version. I created a new logo in Illustrator and printed a waterslide decal, stripped the headstock, applied the decal and clear-coated over the top. Next step was to re-create the pickguards. I took a scan off the home made one (which seemed to be directly copied from the original) but the small horn guard was missing, so I had to create that based on photos from the net. I created a template in Illustrator and had a local company laser cut the Torti sheet. Then I just had to bevel the edges (which was a huge learning curve) but I think the end result is ok. Finally, I found a set of knobs from a local electronics store which is as close as I will get to the originals. I added the 'V' 'V' and 'T' using waterslide decals again. If anyone is interested in the Illustrator template for the pickguards, I am happy to supply it.