Simandl 30 piano parts?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by chicagodoubler, Dec 12, 2012.

1. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Genz Benz
    All I can find is the Music minus 1 series... Despite playing and teaching out of this for the bulk of my life, I was only made aware this year of the existence of the piano accompaniment. Does anyone know where to find these? Yes, I did a search already.
  2. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Disclosures:
    A discussion in the music section yielded this link:
    http://music.wvu.edu/faculty_staff/andrew_kohn

Does this mean the parts are out of print and that the piano parts are public domain now? These are such beloved pieces, and an integral part of our pedagogy. What's the story?
  3. eerbrev

eerbrev

I would assume that they are public domain now. my google-fu turned up this: http://schneidermusik.de/noten/product_info.php?products_id=68964&language=en by searching "CFS 2126" (at the bottom of each page of the pdf) but there is no way to tell from that page alone whether it's the piano accompaniment. I guess you'd have to get in touch with them. And it's in Germany, so there's that.

I didn't even know that there was accompaniment to these etudes.
  4. bass81800

bass81800

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. neilG

neilG

7. David Potts

David Potts

I thought I had the original music you are looking for. What I found was the three CFS books of piano accompaniments for all the studies in Simandl Book 2.

I'm sure I used to have the 30 Etudes piano book. I have the original CFS bass parts.

DP
  8. neilG

neilG

The three links I posted are scans of the C.F.S. piano parts for the 30 Etudes.
  9. David Potts

David Potts

For some reason I can't open these with Firefox. I'll try some other way in.

DP
  10. neilG

neilG

Hm, I use Firefox. Maybe allow pop-ups for TB? Or, just use IE to download the files.
  11. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Disclosures:
    David,

These are identical to the link I posted above.
  12. Andy Mopley

Andy Mopley

Are there any software programs that will play the piano part, once scanned, with the DB part removed?
  13. chicagodoubler

chicagodoubler

Disclosures:
    There is a cheap version of Sibelius which includes music scanning software. I use it all the time for these purposes. Also, do a search and you can find midi files for some of these etudes, along with every major solo and many of our excerpts.
  14. neilG

neilG

15. hsu912174

hsu912174

16. BassiklyAC

BassiklyAC

Hi folks,
    Not sure if the original inquiry was about finding printed accompaniment or a source for a recorded version (perhaps the print version so someone could play it with you?) but here's something I tried with great success:

I was able to download the printed piano parts from the Internet and then I analyzed them and wrote chord symbols for what I believed to be the harmony that the part implied. Then I plugged the changes into Band In A Box (a very useful sequencer program for computer) using the classical piano template. Works great! Doesn't give you the exact written part but provides a solid harmonic reference for the étude you're playing.