1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Similar Electric Guitar Forum to TB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rotis, Dec 6, 2012.

1. rotis

rotis There is more

I really like the classified forums here at TB. Can anyone recommend a similar forum for electric guitars with a classified section?
  2. boynamedsuse

boynamedsuse Supporting Member

My recommendation would be the gear page.
  3. Danno1985

Danno1985 Supporting Member

X2.
  4. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

I used to love the Fender Discussion page. Met some great folk there.
  5. rotis

rotis There is more

Is that the name of the site?
  6. tycobb73

tycobb73

There is talkguitar.com

at this point it is small but it is there. If its run by the same people of TB I'll glady keep going back. If not I'll probably not return much.
  7. boynamedsuse

8. spade2you

spade2you

With all due respect, TGP is kinda like TB, but not nearly as polite and respectful of users. I've found a few of the mods to be trolls and much of the behaviors wouldn't be tolerated here.
  9. boynamedsuse

So name one that's better.
  10. spade2you

spade2you

Better than TGP? None. Better than TB? None. As a bassist, the problem with the guitarist forums is that guitarists, the ones who make up the complaints in the band management forum.

I'll stick to TB. No desire to ever go back there.
  11. boynamedsuse

I think we are on the same wavelength. There is a reason I hang out here. Still, for guitar players (especially PRS lovers), TGP is about as good as it gets.
  12. spade2you

spade2you

It would be utopia if it were run like TB, although perhaps a little hard on the wallet. I just felt that the vocal majority was a little passive aggressive and juvenile at times. There were truly some insightful and killer musicians there for sure. It's unfortunate that my negative experiences overshadow them. Guys like my guitarist are pretty cool. Egotistical know-it-alls, can take a hike. I'd never play in a band with them and see no reason to socialize with people like that.

I must hand it to our mods for keeping things respectful all around.