Similar to Ibanez BTB

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BTB4Me, Feb 23, 2014.

1. BTB4Me

BTB4Me

I have played in the past with an Ibanez 1005OL 5 string bass and a similar BTB 4 string. I am looking for a 5 string now that provides the same range of qualities the 1005 gave me. I have really been narrowing my search to the Ibanez BTB series but want to keep an open mind and I'm looking for suggestions. I primarily play at church and love the sound of soulful gospel if that helps at all. Thanks for any direction you guys can provide!
  2. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

Check out a Spector. :) The Legends Euro/Rebops should be right up your alley.
  3. basskal77

basskal77

You should try the new BTB Premium series, the 1405. I played one of them some weeks ago and it was just amazing for the ratio quality price, the new Nordstrand pickup instead the cheap Bartolini make the bass sounds versatile, modern and so powerful, plus the new finiture is very nice.
    I'm looking forward to buy one of them as soon I sell some of my old basses :meh::bassist:
  4. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

I just purchased the new Ibanez Premium BTB 1405 and have used it for 3 gigs so far and I am amazed at the quality and sound of this bass. You would think this bass cost double what they're asking for it.
  5. Register to disable this ad