1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Since I've been on a KISS kick lately...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Barley, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Bob Barley

Bob Barley

Yesterday I watched the first video of KISS playing unmasked I've seen in a while, and it got me back into them after years of not following them, but anyway, I was looking up bass covers, and found one of Psycho Circus and this guy's tone is just delicious, and is basically identical to Gene' s tone when he plays live.

Any idea of how to get this tone? Guy's playing a Fender VM but it sounds alot like a hot P bass. And seeing as I'm primarily a rock/metal guy, that is probably my favorite type of tone ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaBrSqxp7OQ

:bassist::bassist:

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The guy mentioned on one of the comments that he uses a line 6 bass pod xt live. you can easily get that sound from any of these effects.

Line 6 pod x3
    Behinger v-bass
    Zoom b3
    ebs multi-drive
    darkglass vintage microtubes
    tech 21 leeds
    tech 21 vt bass

3. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

SVT emulation FTW!!!

4. deathsdj

deathsdj

I don't know about the tone but I want the pedal that lets you spit blood and breath fire!

Cheers!

MJW

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. andvari7

andvari7

Be careful with that pedal: it makes you charge people for saying your name. And, it makes you write "Music From 'The Elder.'"