1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Since I've been on a KISS kick lately...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bob Barley, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Bob Barley

Bob Barley

Yesterday I watched the first video of KISS playing unmasked I've seen in a while, and it got me back into them after years of not following them, but anyway, I was looking up bass covers, and found one of Psycho Circus and this guy's tone is just delicious, and is basically identical to Gene' s tone when he plays live.

Any idea of how to get this tone? Guy's playing a Fender VM but it sounds alot like a hot P bass. And seeing as I'm primarily a rock/metal guy, that is probably my favorite type of tone ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaBrSqxp7OQ

:bassist::bassist:
  2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

The guy mentioned on one of the comments that he uses a line 6 bass pod xt live. you can easily get that sound from any of these effects.

Line 6 pod x3
    Behinger v-bass
    Zoom b3
    ebs multi-drive
    darkglass vintage microtubes
    tech 21 leeds
    tech 21 vt bass
  3. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Malekko Heavy Industry
    SVT emulation FTW!!!
  4. deathsdj

deathsdj Supporting Member

I don't know about the tone but I want the pedal that lets you spit blood and breath fire!

Cheers!

MJW
  5. andvari7

andvari7

Be careful with that pedal: it makes you charge people for saying your name. And, it makes you write "Music From 'The Elder.'"