1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Single coil J pickups w/ cream covers or removable covers?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TimBosby, Nov 17, 2012.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

I have DiMarzio Model Js in my USA Fender Deluxe Jazz.

I love the way they look but kinda want to try single-coils and the Model Js are humbucking. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

Any recommendations for great-sounding single coil J pickups that come with cream covers or at least have removable covers that I could replace with cream? Fralins are the only thing that come to mind, and I think they are hard to find with cream covers. Must have exposed pole pieces :)

Thanks!
  2. brandau

brandau Supporting Member

I believe The Fralins come with removable covers
  3. TimBosby

BestBassGear.com appears to have the cream Fralins in stock, though I think last time I inquired (a year or so ago) they were running out of cream covers.

I'll shoot them an e-mail.
  4. TimBosby

Hopefully Fralins work with the Audere preamp I have. I don't see why not.