1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

single grover titan tuners?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mellowgerman, Dec 22, 2012.

1. mellowgerman

mellowgerman Supporting Member

I'm thinking about putting Grover Titans on my G&L. Unfortunately, my bass is a 5 string with a 3x2 headstock and I've only been able to find outlets that sell these in sets of four 2x2 or 4-in-line.
    Does anyone know of a site or store that sells these separate? Do you think if I got in touch with the Grover company they'd sell me a 3x2 set?
    Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. mellowgerman

nobody?

Maybe I'll just have to buy two sets and sell the extras... apparently that would make me the only source for single grover titans haha

3. MNAirHead

MNAirHead

they pop up on ebay.... t40... t45... foundations etc used them.

4. mellowgerman

Just searched on ebay and there's a set for $45. I was excited but the problem is that apparently the peaveys have the two hidden pegs instead of the screw holes like on standard titans.
    Thanks for the suggestion though!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mellowgerman

Okay, I emailed the company on Saturday. If I don't hear from them within a week or two I'll probably just buy 2 sets, in which case I'll have 3 extras that I'll post here in the classifieds and eventually on ebay if they don't sell.
    On a side note, I'm led to believe they are easily reversible for accommodating different sides of the headstock. Can anyone confirm this?