1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SIT rounds, broken G right out of the box

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by thedudebrah, Dec 25, 2012.

1. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Received a few packs of SIT stainless rounds for Christmas today and went to string up my AMSTD P. No problems until I started tuning the G to pitch. The G snapped inside the tuning peg right as I got close to pitch.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary to the string, and I always leave them really flat until I get it on a tuner, so it wasn't stretched too much or anything.

The strings were ordered from bassstringsonline.com and I'm wondering if they'd hook me up with a new G or if I should go right to SIT customer service. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for both SIT and bass strings online here and I'm hoping they can make things right.

2. Joedog

Joedog

Personally, I'd contact either/both of them directly before I posted on a huge forum. I'm guessing/hoping you will get complete satisfaction. Hope you will post that as well. I rarely break a string...sounds like this was a manufacturing flaw. I always carry spares, just in case.

Merry Christmas!

3. Mushroo

Mushroo

You're wasting your time posting here instead of contacting the vendor for a replacement.

4. thedudebrah

thedudebrah Supporting Member

Well that settles that then lol

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. David Jayne

David Jayne

Call(not email) them and they'll probably apologize profusely and send you a whole new set or two.

Phone: 330-434-8010
    Toll Free USA and Canada: 800-258-2211

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    I am sorry to hear that.

Please let me know the name of the person who purchased these for you (Privately please) so I can make sure they were purchased from us. I do not see a sales history under your email address.

Will then have a solution for you by Tomorrow (Wednesday).

By the way, it is best to contact one or the other so no time is wasted figuring out if the issue was taken care of or not by either manufacturer or reseller.