1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SIT string Q for SLaPiNFuNK

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by GK Growl, Dec 6, 2012.

1. GK Growl

GK Growl

I contacted SIT via email and didn't get a response. I'm wondering what the real difference is between the Dave Ellefson set and the standard Power Wound nickels? They come in identical gauges and I want to try some but I would like to know the difference between these sets. Thanks!
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    The Power Wound Nickel and Ellefson sets are different even though the total string gauge is the same.

The core size is larger on the Ellefson set on the .085 and .105 strings. The .128 on the 5 string set is exclusive to the Ellefson set so it is safe to assume the Core to Wrap ratio formula is similar to the .085 and .105's.