1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Site to share bass overdubs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by schecter5string, Jan 15, 2014.

1. schecter5string

schecter5string

Soundcloud has really clamped down on this. Almost every song i try to upload gets blocked because of copy right infringements.
    So is there a place i can upload my bass overdubs of cover songs and it not get blocked?
  2. casper_morgan

casper_morgan

Youtube? I see covers on there all the time
  3. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Speaking of bass overdubs, anyone know where I can find backing track songs for bass? I'm looking for songs from bands like KISS, Heart, AC/DC and Led Zep/ and so on but all I can find are generic backing tracks like Blues Jams in E etc.. I found plenty of backing tracks for guitars but nothing for bass.

Shawn
  4. schecter5string

schecter5string

I make my own.
    I take a .mp3 load it into my recording DAW, in my case reader.
    I then apply a notch filter with either a graphic eq or parameteric eq to the .mp3. I notch out enough so that when i toggle the effect off the bass drops out of the mix.
    I then play the bass line over the .mp3.
    This doesn't make a track without any bass, but it works good enough for my needs.

Here is an example(with me playing the bass line)
    http://yourlisten.com/steven.atkinson.376/trojansbass-overdub

This is trojans by atlas genius.
  5. AceFrehleyFan

AceFrehleyFan

Thanks for the quick reply.
    What software are you using?
  6. schecter5string

schecter5string

I use Reaper.... although any recording software will work for this.
    Reaper is free to download and never expires, if you chose to buy a license it's only $70. Also Im familiar with this program so if you do decide to go with Reaper i can help you with the set up, and the process i used in the above post.
    Google Reaper download, download the program, and get back to me if you wish.