Sites/companies similar to Public-peace.de for getting a fretless bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by GingerConor, Feb 4, 2014.

1. GingerConor

GingerConor

Hi guys, anyone know of any sites that have a fretless selection along the same lines as public-peace.de? They have a lot of of nice fretless basses there and I'm wondering if there are any other hidden gems like this site?

Any help is appreciated.

Conor

2. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

Sorry, can't help you with that one, but what a site eh?

Just spent a few minutes nosing around on the public-peace website, and wow, there is some nice stuff on there; and the pricing on some of them Maruszczyk looks quite tempting. That one's bookmarked for when the bank balance recovers!

3. GingerConor

GingerConor

I know right? Some of those basses look they should cost twice what they do. :D

4. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

I would suggest www.thomann.de. They are based in Germany, and they provide extraordinary customer service, at very competitive prices.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. GingerConor

GingerConor

Thanks, I'm very aware of thomann and sites like that. I'm looking more for smaller sites that have a great selection of fretlesses.

7. FerK

FerK Supporting Member

May I suggest you give Thomann another look ? Public-peace current offers 30 fretless basses, while Thomann has 60 at the moment. I'm not related to the store in any way (well, actually I bought from them a few times), but you might be missing out on something if you assume their catalogue is smaller than it actually is. Some of them are actually VERY nice axes (e.g. Fodera or Marleaux). Their brand selection in fretless isn't huge (many Fenders, Sandbergs and Warwicks), but it isn't too bad either.

8. GingerConor

GingerConor

Yeah, I have looked through thomanns fretlesses buy I guess I'm looking for more obscure manufacturers like on public-peace.

9. SeanNeedham

SeanNeedham

Woah yeah, boutique-type basses for standard money; GAS switch well and truly flipped to "ON".

10. AndroWal

AndroWal Supporting Member