Sitori Sonics Bass Fuzz...the jam!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stingray56funk, Nov 25, 2008.

1. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

I have been frequenting my local mom n' pop shop (Highland's Music in Bham, AL) and there is a guy there named Emmanuel. He builds effects and his company is called Sitori Sonics. I just bought one of his bass fuzz pedals and it is the jam! It is like a Big Muff Pi w/ better definition, better low end retention, and smaller footprint. I don't know all the inner workings of the pedal but it is true bypass and handbuilt. If you are curious...contact Emmanuel via his website to find out what he uses on the inside. The website is: www.sitorisonics.com.

I've replaced my Big Muff with this...and it sounds better to my ears than any other fuzz I've played. Very manageable fuzz...there is only a volume knob on this fuzz to control output. It is full on fuzz but it just acts as a pure volume knob. I love it!

I'll post pics later on tonight!

Anyone heard of Sitori Sonics before? Emmanuel said he goes to guitar trade shows with his effects but I don't know.

Pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. kaputsport

kaputsport

Disclosures:
    Atypical, not a typical...
    Price????

Sounds intriguing.
  3. 4stringmangler

4stringmangler Guest

i emailed him a few years ago, i never heard back from him, i would like try out that bass fuzz

:ninja:

wow, his pedal's used to look way cooler.
  4. stingray56funk

Price = $128 plus tax. Not too bad IMO. It sounds like a $199 or up pedal to me. I have no relationship with him by the way...he works at Highlands and sells his stuff through the store.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. stingray56funk

That wasn't smart of him not to email you back. He is easy to talk to in the store (of course)...not pushy...and he answers the store's phone.

In regards to the look of the pedals...not my bag either. Kinda boring/cheap screen on the pedals. The bottom of the pedal is painted blue and the light is bright blue. I didn't care about the look though...pure tone!
  7. 4stringmangler

4stringmangler Guest

i heard nothing but good things about them, i forgot which pedal he made that had a hindu deity on it, it look rad. no worries, his friend actually gave me his email and i told him what happened, he didn't seem to know why he didn't email me back, i think he said that he got busy and was meaning to get back to me. no worries, i'm straight on pedal's and i really don't plan on buying anymore anytime soon.
  8. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Emanuel makes great pedals! I teach at highland. My Smith is gonna end up there soon if it doesnt move here!
  9. funkometer

All the top guys in town have some of his pedals........and Samamps!
  10. stingray56funk

Cool...

The pedal with the hindu deity was called Fuzz of the Gods. He doesn't list it on his website, along with the bass fuzz, but he would still make one.
  11. stingray56funk

Dude...I just bought Sam's SAMAMP Bass Preamp. Love it completely! Absolute dream tone for me! The Bass Fuzz from Emanuel completes my needs for now.
  12. funkometer

Ah, so your the one who got it. I have the older version. We were talkin bout you yesterday,I had asked who bought it cause it wasnt there. You/we should do a review thread on it. The one you have is so killer lookin!! They do sound great though, your has more knobs! Post a pic of that badboy, and start a fire!
  13. stingray56funk

That is me. I talked to Sam about putting a handle on the top of the unit. He's going to do it for me as well as add an XLR output. I'm going to post some pics of it in the Amp section probably later tonight...so be on the lookout.

We should do a review on it...tons of people on here would love to know about the pre as well as it would be good exposure for Sam. Hopefully he can build up some bulk of these pre's...I've got two friends and a studio engineer who are interested in it already.

Alright...be on the lookout later tonight for pics of the Sitori Sonics Bass Fuzz.
  14. 4stringmangler

4stringmangler Guest

hell with the pic's, i wanna hear clips

:D
  15. stingray56funk

I may be able to get some clips...but it will take a few days because I'm leaving town tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I'll keep the thread posted on whether I can get some clips up soon. The wife will be utilizing all my time tonight getting ready to leave but possibly I can take my laptop with me to record while in Atlanta.

I'll do it...I'll do it.
  16. funkometer

I meant a thread on the preamp, lol
    The newer one is so much cooler lookin than this one ;)
  17. stingray56funk

Yes...I know.
  18. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I'm definitely curious to know about the preamp.
  19. stingray56funk

Yours definitely looks easier to carry around...hence my reason for asking Sam to put a carry handle on mine.

I'll PM you later on tonight and we can co-start a thread about the SAMAMP bass pre in the Amp section.

Bongo...I don't know if he has any in the works right now...funkometer might know...but this preamp is seriously the best stand alone bass preamp I've ever had. That includes my Demeter, ADA MB-1, SWR Green Face Grand Prix, Avalon U5, and my beloved Trace Elliot V-type. Serious preamp!!!
  20. funkometer

Maybe he can upgrade mine with the xlr as well.Hes known to do this(upgrades) on his guitar amps. Id really love to have a led dot for the sensitivity...........
  21. stingray56funk

Sam has fixed my older Trace Elliot heads in the past and soon I'll be taking him my early SVT to get it completely up and running. He is a genius!