1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SIX STRING IBANEZ GROOVELINE !!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tercesyrev, Nov 28, 2012.

1. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Supporting Member

That will be one awesome six! Those Groovelines balance absolutely perfectly. It looks like it has 18mm spacing like a Grooveline 5 too. The only downside is that it probably costs about $2,300.

3. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Saw one at my local GC. Damn now I wish I had tried it!

4. devilman666

devilman666

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wallace320

Wallace320

Yamaha TRB6P or
    Ibanez SR5006 Prestige

if only I felt in love with 6ers again

Cheers,
    Wallace

7. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Thou shall not F*** up the groove Supporting Member

Always wondered if they would make one!! :hyper: Awesome!!

8. conqr

conqr

inevitable I guess. I swore I'd never like a 'weird' looking bass, but I'm sold on the ergonomics and balance logic - it works both sitting and standing. And my god the tone of those things - fat fat active Jazz tonal ranges.

Another purchase for my imaginary collection :bawl:

9. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

I'll need to try one of those out :)

10. Root 5

Root 5

Personally, I can't get my head around the looks of this model. I'm sure they play well and sound great. But IMO - they're ugly!:bag:

11. pflash4001

pflash4001

+1...I put this in the same category as a Bongo. I think it'll sound fantastic, but I think it's ugly as sin. Looks like something that belongs on the Starship Enterprise.

12. tdub0199

tdub0199

^This^ :bag:

13. PersonalTraynor

PersonalTraynor

Disclosures:
    peaveyTraynor freakazoid...
    +1 ^

They could at least include a matching headstock....sheesh....:scowl:

14. ~Ethan~

~Ethan~

I'd love to try one of these! I was wonderinf too if they were going to make a six string model.

While I agree with everyone, it is rather "ugly", however I'm drawn to it for that reason. I always think of Les Claypool saying how when he saw his first CT in the pawn shop it was the ugliest thing he'd ever seen!

15. El-Bob

El-Bob

Ugly... maybe. I get the impression that aesthetics were not even a consideration in the design of these though; function and sound were.

16. awilkie84

awilkie84

If it plays like the BTB, I'd get a BTB. The Grooveline's looks remind me of a Wooden Curbow

17. Aram

Aram Supporting Member

I dig the body shape...it just feels like the neck, pickups and bridge should be shifted a couple inches to the left. Oh, and too bad Ibanez won't do 19mm...if my BTB1006e was that spacing it'd probably still be my main bass.

18. tercesyrev

tercesyrev Supporting Member

Those 6 string BTBs are awesome, especially the old prestiges but boy they can be heavy . . at least in my case and seemingly others on TB. If you can sit down during your gig they're must have but if you have to stand for 3 + hours, you may need a chiropractor.

The Grooveline is designed to avoid that.

19. Diesel Kilgore

Diesel Kilgore

I think it looks good, except for the lower dong....err.....horn. They should have matched it with the upper.

20. jim777

jim777 Tarantula Lobbyist

Is that a pre-NAMM shot? That bass isn't on Ibby's website yet.

21. bassbenj

bassbenj

I completely disagree. It retains enough classic lines to be functional like the longer upper horn so there isn't a bunch of neck dive and yet wanders off far enough from tradiational bass guitar shapes so it's clearly identifiable as something new and distictive. I especially love the carved shape on the laminated wood that gives the very nice two tone outline. In my opinion FEW basses of this carved type have a carving giving an overall look this nice. And the lower "horn" to me gives a final distinctive "look". I see it like the Upside down T-bird which became a classic look, but unlike that bass, this one is actually functional as well.

And while I haven't heard or played one, so far the only thing I DON'T like about it is the $2500 price tag.