1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

SKB 3005 for me!

Discussion in 'Roscoe Basses' started by Chuck M, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

Saw an ad here for an SKB 3005 and bought it. The bass has quilt maple over Spanish Cedar, Maple/Purpleheart/Maple neck and a spalted Purpleheart fingerboard.

I would rather have had a more traditional fingerboard material (rosewood, Pau Ferro or Ebony) but the bass looks so good that I thought I would try the Purpleheart.

It is shipped and should arrive Friday. Can't wait, however, my Friday and Saturday gigs are upright gigs so I will play the Roscoe at my church gig first. That is also how it worked out when I traded for my Century 6 fretless.

I'll brag when it arrives.

Chuck
  2. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Rule #1:

No pics, no bass.

;)

(...'grats, Chuck! :hyper: )
  3. Chuck M

4. JoelFT

JoelFT Supporting Member

I was wondering who got that one. Congrats!
  5. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings
    Chuck! Welcome (back?) to the family!

Spalted purpleheart fingerboards are quintessentially Roscoe, so you're in good shape. Would love to hear you make some music on that beauty!
  6. Chuck M

I've played the bass at my church gig direct through the PA and it sounded very nice. I'm not crazy about being at the mercy of a soundman but that is typical for the church gigs I've done.

Played a duo gig last night and used my Shuttle 9.0 and an Aguilar GS112 and the Roscoe sounded terrific. It is big, warm, growly and punchy all at the same time.

The ergonomics of the bass are about perfect. No hot or dead spots on the neck. Every note clear and beautiful. I'm knocked out with how good this bass is.

Chuck