1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Skjold LP5 With Custom Paint Job FS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by turbine, Jan 30, 2014.

1. turbine

turbine

I'm sticking with 4 string basses, so I have for sale my Skjold Lion's Pride model A (Jazz Bass style body) 5 string bass with custom ghost flame paint job. It's 35" scale and has a 2" nut. The body is black high-gloss polyester. The flame paint job was done for Pete Skjold by Mike DuSold in Lewisville, TX. As far as I know, this is the only bass he has ever painted. He is now very well known for his custom motorcycle paint jobs and has been featured on TV. The pickups are a Skold C4 and a Skjold SC1. The C4 is a 4-coil pickup the is a Precision/reverse Precision that is switchable by the mini toggle. The SC1 is a hum-cancelling single coil pickup. The preamp has volume, pickup blend, master tone, bass, treble, mid and mid sweep controls. The tone contol is push/pull for active/passive and the treble control is push/pull for bright. The neck is 3 piece maple and the fingerboard is morado (pao ferro).
    There are a few cosmetic issues. The back has a couple of little dimples in the clear coat. The upper horn has about a 1" shallow scratch (I photographed this as best I could). There is a piece of the clear coat missing on the front of the headstock, by the nut at the B string.
    I'm asking $2800.00 OBO shipped 2nd Day Air from Texas.
    I've had no luck uploading photos here, so the link to the photos is below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68415302@N04/sets/72157632548520630//

benthughes Supporting Member

I owned this bass for a time and would loooooove to get it back! Looks awesome and sounds amazing. The sound was clean and aggressive, I'm a huge fan of that C4 pickup, the SC1 is really just a bonus pickup... the C4 kills! This is one of a select few basses I truly regret letting go.
  3. pbasswil

pbasswil Supporting Member

The flickr link isn't working for me.
  4. turbine

turbine

I think I got the photo link fixed. Thanks, Ron
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. pbasswil

pbasswil Supporting Member

Link's working now.

Wow, I've never seen a finish quite like that. Good luck.
  7. turbine

turbine

Thanks, it looks even better in person!
    The only reason I'm selling some stuff is to help pay for my mom's assisted living bills, so I will consider all offers.
  8. turbine

turbine

I am looking for a nice short-scale bass, so I would consider a cash/partial trade offer. :bassist: