1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Slap Bassics Lesson 6 online...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by piccolo_whitley, Dec 11, 2012.

1. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

Hi all!

It's been over a year since the original first 5 Slap Bassics Lessons but I've finally continued the series :)

As always I really hope they're of help!

So here it is - Slap Bassics Lesson 6....

http://youtu.be/vXPcq6Jp-gM

And here's a playlist of all 6 lessons...

2. the explode man

the explode man

These are very good! Thank you Scott!
  3. lucam

lucam

Thank you Scott, that's just what I needed! :)

How can you get such a beautiful slap tone? I'd like to know how you blend the pickups and if you boost or cut any frequencies on the bass and/or on the amp. Thanks again for your contribution!
  4. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

Hi & thanks :)

Most of the time I leave my amp eq flat & turn off any 'silly' "boost", "pre-shape", "bright" buttons.

For slap stuff I'd generally use both pickups at equal volume and boost the bass & treble a little with the on-board active eq. If you're playing a passive bass, then just boost the treble and bast slightly on the amp (not too much though - a little goes a long way!).

What amp/bass are you using?

Cheers,
    Scott.
  5. piccolo_whitley

piccolo_whitley

No problem - thanks :)
  6. sly fox

sly fox

very nice videos, thanks