1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Slap hammerons

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by markjsmithbass, Jan 29, 2014.

1. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Here's the latest in the slap bass series I'm doing. I'm trying not to spend too much time on the music theory series and the slap series seems to be getting some good feedback so here's the latest for anyone that's interested.
    http://www.talkingbass.net/play-slap-bass-3-hammer-ons-slides/
    I don't think I'll need to do too many more slap vids but they seem to be all anyone watches on Youtube. It's a shame really because I think some of the least watched lessons tend to be the most useful.

Anyway, I hope that helps someone.

Mark
  2. spz8

spz8

Like all your video lessons, the slap lessons ARE awesome. I've only watched each one once, and will return to them at another time, but I've played your sevenths, extensions, and altered extensions videos over and over and over... not because the info hasn't sunk in, but because they're just such a pleasure to watch/listen to and play along with! :) Thanks for all your generous contributions to the community.
  3. markjsmithbass

markjsmithbass Supporting Member

Whoops. Thanks for that. Stupid Finale and it's tab writing. I write the standard notation and have to mess with the tab after it automatically creates it but I sometimes miss things in a hurry. I'll change it now. That should be an 8th fret F on the A string. Darn it.

Mark