1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Slap

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Julius95, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Julius95

Julius95

Im pretty new to this technique but I made a slap cover yesterday :)

comment and rate,

feedback is always appreciated

2. Julius95

Julius95

would be nice to know
  3. Sassafras

Sassafras

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you often find your fingers (when popping) get stuck for a few milliseconds under the string sometimes.

If I am correct, it's because you have not gotten used to popping and need to practice that more. How I would figure this is because you lag at some parts during the song. Your hand looks a little flail-ly and that's fine, unless you are playing a long time (you will get very tired).

Other than that, sure. It's fine. It's a simple slap song; not that slap is really all that complicated.
  4. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer

Looks like you are really enjoying that and it is a great song..

It sounds okay, you just need to work on the technique IMO.

I suggest...

playing the repetitive excersizes over a couple of weeks to get it smooth, that way it won't drag,

YMMV on this but the way I learned to hold the octaves with the left hand is using the 3rd rather than 4th finger, especially for the slap.