1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Slappin da bass, mon

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Freddy-G., Dec 29, 2013.

1. Freddy-G.

Freddy-G. Supporting Member

2. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

Luckily I had no idea what it was until someone posted it here once before. If anyone ever yells it at me at a show there's no telling what I might do to them. I may have to "slappa dah face mon".
  3. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5

It's so true - Air bass DOES work better at mid - gut to lower chest level. But maybe that subject should be its own forum.
  4. Freddy-G.

I love it when she says that he sounds like a leprechaun, and he says it did sound like Borat. :D:D:D
  5. goneflyin

goneflyin

Dang that's funny.:p
  6. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

My favorite part of that scene is when he hypes up Rush and then plays "Limelight" on those crappy computer speakers.
  7. Humbled

Humbled

Hmm... Maybe knowing what show/movie that was in would make it funny?

Honestly, I have no idea who those people were, and I sincerely hope that I never do.
  8. Freddy-G.

Like any joke, you either get it or you don't. It doesn't matter who the people are and what the movie is. It DOES help to understand it if you are a bass player and/or a fan of Rush. ;)
  9. Humbled

Humbled

Response redacted. Never mind.
  10. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

whoever that is used to be funny, the first couple of times I saw movies where he played exactly the same guy as the movie before he was funny. Now after about 167 movies of him playing exactly the same guy as the movie before he annoys the liven s--t out of me.

And I wanna "puncha da s--t out you face, mon" when I hear that crap.
  11. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

12. Freddy-G.

Wow. Never saw that one. If you're a Rush dude, it doesn't get much better. :D