1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Slappin da bass, mon

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Freddy-G., Dec 29, 2013.

1. two fingers

two fingers You tahkin 'uh me? Yeah, you. You tahkin 'uh me? Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Luckily I had no idea what it was until someone posted it here once before. If anyone ever yells it at me at a show there's no telling what I might do to them. I may have to "slappa dah face mon".

2. Sponsored by:

3. G-MonRV5

G-MonRV5 Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Indiana
    It's so true - Air bass DOES work better at mid - gut to lower chest level. But maybe that subject should be its own forum.

4. I love it when she says that he sounds like a leprechaun, and he says it did sound like Borat. :D:D:D

5. goneflyin

goneflyin

Jan 11, 2009
    canada
    Dang that's funny.:p

6. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    My favorite part of that scene is when he hypes up Rush and then plays "Limelight" on those crappy computer speakers.

7. Humbled

Humbled Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2013
    East of the Sun
    Hmm... Maybe knowing what show/movie that was in would make it funny?

Honestly, I have no idea who those people were, and I sincerely hope that I never do.

8. Like any joke, you either get it or you don't. It doesn't matter who the people are and what the movie is. It DOES help to understand it if you are a bass player and/or a fan of Rush. ;)

9. Humbled

Humbled Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2013
    East of the Sun
    Response redacted. Never mind.

10. Mike in Chicago

Mike in Chicago Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2011
    Chicago
    whoever that is used to be funny, the first couple of times I saw movies where he played exactly the same guy as the movie before he was funny. Now after about 167 movies of him playing exactly the same guy as the movie before he annoys the liven s--t out of me.

And I wanna "puncha da s--t out you face, mon" when I hear that crap.

11. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Jan 22, 2012
    Garner, NC
  12. Wow. Never saw that one. If you're a Rush dude, it doesn't get much better. :D