1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Slayer To Protest Westboro Baptist Church Leader Fred Phelps’ Funeral

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
  2. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I'm sure he's in a nice sweet place now.

3. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Thats great. If they really wanted to make a mark, they could play a free concert across the street of the cemetary and have thousands of slatanics in and around the neighborhood to watch it.

"Dearly beloved, we are gather hear today to welcome a great man into the loving arms of his GOOOOOD HATES US ALLLLL.... GOOOOD HATES US AAAAAAL" :bassist:

4. God hates us all... Pretty ironic, considering WBC actually thinks God is capable of hate. I am not of any specific religion, but I believe in "higher power", and think it has advanced way past hate...

5. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    I went with God Hates Us All because I don't think Seasons in the Abyss or Angel of Death would fit as well to disturb the crazies attending the funeral. Damn I want to listen to Seasons now.

6. God Hates Us All, perfect. I mean, if he's so inclined to hate, why discriminate? :D

7. +1

8. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    They should just leave them to perform their funeral. Maybe that would make more of an appropriate point.

9. Haven't thought of that... Man, how we humans always go with vengance over proving a point.

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    I think that is a great idea. I'm just waiting on one of those cult members to complain about lack of respect for privacy and families/friends trying to say goodbye to a loved one. I wish the military, bikers, rock bands, gays, and anyone else would pile on and get some of that. Good riddance.

11. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    Good satire article. “He was our Harvey Milk,” said teary-eyed Westboro member Harvey Atwater. Like anyone at WBC would even know who Harvey Milk was, much less compare Fred Phelps to him! I'm sure there won't even be a public funeral for that SOB because the WBC knows there would be a ridiculous amount of people there in protest.

12. This is just the embarassing planet triping over its dung-hardened shoes again .
    Like puke telling poop it stinks .

13. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    I hope they bury him in a bathing suit covered in suntan lotion.

14. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    Phelps is not having a funeral. Boom, story busted.

15. Philonius

Philonius Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    2k W of the Duwamsh
    It's too bad Frank couldn't be there to perform Dumb All Over.

16. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Phelps actually made his bones defending African Americans during the civil rights movement. Fun fact.

17. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

18. Fat Steve

Fat Steve The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.

Feb 4, 2013
    Ventura County
    And a little ugly on the side!

19. Boom762

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    What?! Wasnt he a gay basher? So they compare him to a person they are against... thaf makes sense. F'n Westboro.

20. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Feb 9, 2009
    As someone said a real higher power would be past hate. In fact a real divine creator of the Universe would not have any of the carnal "human" feelings like hate, or jealousy listed in the book.

I'd say what I thought the gods really were but I don't know if it's allowable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.