1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

slightly unconventional pup wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Niff, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Niff

Niff

Hi all,

I'm considering modifying a bass I have in a slightly unconventional manner. I want to use three pickups, have each have an individual slide switch to turn them on/off, wired into a master tone and master volume.

I've successfully got the current one pickup configuration working (pickup -> tone -> volume -> jack), but is it a simple process to add two more, and add a switch to each pickup, and make them all work independent of one another?

cheers

2. GlennW

GlennW

Yes, some Teisco 2-pickup basses were made that way. Individual on/off switches for the pickups; master volume, and master tone.

3. Darkonar

Darkonar

4. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Look at the Fender Bass VI wiring. Exactly what you need - three on-off switches, volume, tone. There's also a fourth switch on newer models (which cuts out some bass, focusing the tone more on midrange) which you can freely skip over.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Niff

Niff

^the bass VI truly does have the closest wiring to that, thanks all!

for those interested, i'm turning my epi EB-0 into a monster - three artec sidewinders (30k ohm mudbuckers) with three individual on/off switches, into master tone/volume wired exactly to the 1960s EB-0 schematic. going to shave the neck down and possible replace bridge/tuners as well.

it's going to be monstrous, and probably stupid.