1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

slightly unconventional pup wiring question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Niff, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    Hi all,

I'm considering modifying a bass I have in a slightly unconventional manner. I want to use three pickups, have each have an individual slide switch to turn them on/off, wired into a master tone and master volume.

I've successfully got the current one pickup configuration working (pickup -> tone -> volume -> jack), but is it a simple process to add two more, and add a switch to each pickup, and make them all work independent of one another?

cheers

2. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    Yes, some Teisco 2-pickup basses were made that way. Individual on/off switches for the pickups; master volume, and master tone.

3. Sponsored by:

4. Darkonar

Darkonar

Dec 14, 2011
    Chile
  5. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Look at the Fender Bass VI wiring. Exactly what you need - three on-off switches, volume, tone. There's also a fourth switch on newer models (which cuts out some bass, focusing the tone more on midrange) which you can freely skip over.

6. Niff

Niff

Mar 18, 2007
    New Zealand
    ^the bass VI truly does have the closest wiring to that, thanks all!

for those interested, i'm turning my epi EB-0 into a monster - three artec sidewinders (30k ohm mudbuckers) with three individual on/off switches, into master tone/volume wired exactly to the 1960s EB-0 schematic. going to shave the neck down and possible replace bridge/tuners as well.

it's going to be monstrous, and probably stupid.