1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Slinger Straps - Straps to save your back / take weight off your shoulders!

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Straps and Accessories' started by SLaPiNFuNK, Nov 19, 2012.

1. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Slinger Straps are now available at Bass Strings Online!

These straps are made to relieve your back from the heavy weight of your guitar or bass by distributing the weight of your instrument to your waist and legs. They also greatly reduce if not eliminate neck dive while holding the bass in a perfectly balanced position so you don't have to fight to keep your bass in one spot!

There are two versions of Slinger Straps available.

The Sling Strap transfers most of the weight of your instrument to your hips while still having a shoulder strap in place it greatly reduces the amount of weight being supported by your back. This strap requires no modification to your instrument. You can use the strap over either your Left shoulder or Right shoulder if you want to remove pressure from one side for some reason, pinched nerve or other injury for example.

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Slinger-Straps--Sling-Strap_p_1330.html

Slinger Sling Strap:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Hip Strap has no shoulder strap at all! The bass is completely supported by your waist and does not put any weight on your back at all! Lift your arms up and the bass stays put! Great if you play with a costume or don't want a strap wrinkling up that snappy suit! Effortlessly play those 4 or 5 hour gigs without any weight on your shoulders! This strap does however require installation of a strap button on the lower horn of your instrument but it is worth it!

http://www.bassstringsonline.com/Slinger-Straps--Hip-Strap_p_1329.html

Slinger Hip Strap:
    [​IMG]

Hip Strap w/ Bass:
    [​IMG]

Hip Strap w/ Guitar:
    [​IMG]

So start saving your back or get to playing standing up again with Slinger Straps!

More information and Video's at BassStringsOnline.com

2. MarkA

MarkA Registered Schmoozer. Supporting Member

I looked at these on the site. I'm curious -- more about the sling strap than the hip strap, as I'm not keen on drilling an extra hole in my bass -- but I wear my instrument a good deal higher than the gent with the white P-bass in the above photo. The idea's great, but it seems as though the hip-strap portion would start to carry less of the weight as the bottom strap button nears hip-level. Not sure exactly where my bottom strap button is relative to my hips but I know it's higher than in the photo!

3. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    The Sling or the Hip Strap can be worn higher then to photo with the P bass. The P bass guy is wearing the Hip Strap below his belt line. Either can be worn above the belt, higher up on the hips to bring the guitar up (See the strat guitar photos for both straps). The amount of weight displaced to the hip depends on the individual model of the guitar and how it is balanced.