1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

small 2-channel looper?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by joshmmorrison, Dec 16, 2012.

1. joshmmorrison

joshmmorrison

Hey guys,

So i'm looking for a 2 channel looper. I did some searches on them and found some pretty good ones (the loop master ones seemed pretty legit) but here's the kicker...I need it to be as small as possible.

I don't have a lot of room on my board and I want to run it after my boss LS-2 (in one of the send loops) which acts as a blender for my dirt and clean signal. I wanna be able to select which of the overdrives is the one getting blended and it seems like a looper is an easy way to do this.

Here are my questions:
    -What's the smallest 2 channel looper without breaking the bank?
    -Is this the easiest way to do it? I'm totally open to other suggestions on it. Just trying to make sure I can get the job done. I have one OD that's a lot lighter of a crunch and another one that's a lot heavier for when things get over the top. I just love the sound of them blended together with my clean signal.
    -Would it be better to just have a second LS-2 in the loop of the first one? Size is my only problem with going this route.

Thanks!

2. derrico1

derrico1 Supporting Member

If you want a looper essentially for A/B/Y duty in what would be a two-pedal loop, can't you use the OD pedals' own switches? It doesn't get more compact than that.

3. joshmmorrison

joshmmorrison

I totally would use just the OD's on their own but the ones that I'm liking the sound of have a lot of low end loss so that's where the LS-2 is fixing it. It's by choice though, i like the sound i'm getting with my setup and those I just want a way to use them without pressing too many buttons at a time to activate it.

4. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

If you stick another looper in one of the LS2's loops, you're going to have to step on both to active the loop of the LS2 and to choose which drive you want. You may as well do as derrico1 suggests and keep both drives in one loop of the LS2 and choose which one you want when needed. It's going to be the same amount of stomping whatever way you do it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. indiefan4000

indiefan4000

I had the same problem. Instead, I got an Empress ParaEq and stuck it after my drives to "add back in" the lows I was missing (technically, impossible, but adding the low and lower frequencies around them fools your ear). I actually get MORE lows with ParaEq than I did before! It's become an "always-on" pedal for me.