1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

small combo amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by himluis1, Feb 14, 2014.

1. himluis1

himluis1

im ready to purchase a small combo amp , in the past i owned the first gen gk mb115 and tc bg250 , im still looking for watts between that range from 200 to 300 but im looking for something small that can fit on my yaris (car) limited space ... i now about the new tc bg250 112 & gkmb112 ii also mark bass but the price is a bit more ... any experiences with any of this amps ??? i play at church we have a pa system and i could run the amp on it ...
  2. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I owned the BG250 for awhile and it was a fine amp. It would fit in the front or back seat of my Japanese import, but not the trunk.

I recently switched over to the Carvin MB15/115MB stack and am very happy with the clarity, volume and versatility of that 2x15 setup. The single MB15 does jsut fine on it's own as well. I can fit both of those and my gig bag in the trunk.
  3. stonewall

stonewall Supporting Member

I have no knowledge personaly but ive read here at this site guy,s seem to like the Fender Rumble amps check them out .Im sold on the Mark Amps im not sure how long ago you checked them out but here,s an affortable model 150 watt loud little amp i tried out by accident i liked so much i ordered a CMD 151 JB model but this little amp rocks good deep tones.I believe its about $600 Canadian http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=240
  4. dDaddybass

dDaddybass Supporting Member

Ibanez Promethean
  5. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

When I need a smaller combo than my G-K MB115 - I take my little G-K MB110 combo. I love my little tiny G-K MB110 bass combo amp. The G-K MB112-II combo might be perfect for you.
  6. himluis1

himluis1

the church i play at currently have a hartke 120 watts 12" speaker and is somewhat ok i guess but for my personal use i think the bg250 or gkmb 112 will do just fine , what i like about the gk is the ability to add a powered cab making it a 400 watts rig
  7. Joe Louvar

Joe Louvar

I've never used a BG250, but TC Electronic makes nice stuff - I have one of their Ditto's and I like it. The G-K MB112-II is a really nice little amp.

Good luck and best wishes with you little bass combo amp search - and have a great weekend. :)

Cheers,
    Joe
  8. himluis1

himluis1

im also looking for feedback on current gk mb112 ii users !!! anyone ? and for those that have comment , thank u
  9. Low Class

Low Class Supporting Member

Another vote for the Carvin MB15.
  10. Stumbo

Stumbo Supporting Member

What's your budget?
  11. Ironbar

Ironbar

Another vote for TC Electronic BG250. I love mine.
  12. himluis1

himluis1

budget is between $300 & $450
  13. Stumbo

Stumbo Supporting Member

Used: Peavey TNT 115. Put it up on a stand or tilt it back to hear it better on stage. Then add an fdeck HPF/pre V3 to protect the speaker, tighten up the low end and more apparent volume.
  14. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

I choose the Carvin MB15.But then I live within an easy drive of their store and that was part of my decision making process
  15. DogBone

DogBone

My favorite budget friendly combos right now are Ampeg's BA series and Peavey's Max series.

Peavey Max for the features, reliability, and relatively uncolored tone.

The Ampeg BA for simply NAILING the Ampeg tone (if that's your thing) in a small inexpensive package.
  16. himluis1

himluis1

not a big fan of peavey max series ... at this point is just between gk & tc ... remember car space is an issue ... it has to b small with at least 200w and good quality
  17. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

I bought a BG250 thinking to use it mainly for my upright. It sounded better than the other 115s at the store (GC Atlanta) including the MB115-II. However, when I got it home, it absolutely did NOT get along with my upright. Terrible. Maybe something to do with impedence from the piezo? Or the 15" speaker?

Anyway, I returned it and got a MB-112 II. With the upright, it sounds amazing. Also sounds excellent with the electric. So much so that I went ahead and ordered the MBP 112 extension cab hoping that I can use it for some of the smaller EB gigs.