1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Small Combo w/External Speaker Jack

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by BJMtz, Mar 24, 2014.

1. BJMtz

BJMtz

I'm interested in getting a small combo for home practice so I don't have to set up my rig every time I want to play. The kicker is I would like it to have an external speaker jack that way I have the option to use it in a pinch in case my head goes down for some reason. Normally my band doesn't use PA other than for vocals so I never go into it. I know a combo into my 410 wouldn't be very loud but any sound has to be better than no sound right?

2. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

here is another intriguing option. Ibanez Promethian 1x10 300w, has a ext speaker out. I demo'd one of these some time ago and was pleasantly surprised for what it is. Definitely could gig with it thru a bigger cab.
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAP3110

good luck

4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I have the MarkBass CMD 121P 12" combo. Kicks the A** of every other 12" combo out there and most 15s. It is tiny, light and crazy loud enough for nearly any indoor club gig. The amp can put out 500W into 4 Ohms, so pairing with your 8 Ohm 4x10 would be killer. For outdoors and loud gigs I use mine with a Schroeder cab with 2x 12s, and the total stack of 3 x 12s with 500W will blow you away and they weigh only 30 lbs each and fit in my car trunk.

5. Register to disable this ad