1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

small cracks in a redwood top

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Jandrew, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Jandrew

Jandrew

I just glued a figured redwood top to a sapele body blank. Over the past two days I have seen a few small cracks form. I am assuming that this is due to the dry air seeing that I am in New England. Is it wise to stablize the wood before anymore cracks appear? I was thinking of use minwax wood stablizer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Justin
  2. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

I'm not sure the stabilizer will help. These two woods have completely different expansion rates and if the redwood is quartersawn & the Sapele isn't (or, even if it is) and you glued them together immediately after planing/surfacing, this will be a problem.