Smarvo Amps????

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by srxplayer, Jun 15, 2011.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

I stumbled accross these amps at local music store. I went in there to kill some time between appointments and noticed these Smarvo amps. They had a complete cabinet line with 2 X 10, 4 X 10, 8 X 10 and 1 X 15 cabs and complete stacks set up with the heads I have pictured. One was an all tube 300 watt head. At first I assumed that they were junk because all of the guitars and basses in that place were all low end yamaha or off-brand entry level stuff but the Smarvo amps looked interesting.

I did a seach but I couldn't find any useful info. However someone posted something about the Smarvo tube head being the same head as the Eden all tube head.

Has anyone owned / own and or played through one of these?

Attached Files:

2. funkinbottom

funkinbottom Supporting Member

3. srxplayer

srxplayer

Yeah I went to that site. That's where I got the pictures. The store only had these amps. The webssite shows a head a SS state head and a Class-D head.
  4. rodl2005

rodl2005

The tube amp looks pretty much exactly the same as some other CHINESE made generic ones-the Aus. Ashton. BVH300, I think Eden made/'badged' one also & a few others.
  5. knappymer

knappymer

They kind of have that 'Just better than broken English, I don't really know or comprehend what I'm saying' kind of thing going. Almost comparable to Craigslist scammers. I wouldn't go near this.
  6. sps500

sps500

They are very popular in Malaysia and Singapore. I have tried them and over here at their price they're hard to beat! I believe they're a manufacturer of amps for probably some decent brands and just decided to relabel a few of them with some tweaks and adjustments.

As for as quality they're pretty Ok... no major complaints especially for their price.

As for sound I reckon they're pretty Ok as well.

The only caveat I have is I have not had long term exposure and usage of them.
  7. cyclone21

cyclone21

where in the US can you find these amps?
  8. srxplayer

srxplayer

They were at a place called Colton Music Center in Colton, CA. I think it's also Called Colton Pianio & Organ. It's primarily a piano store but it has a section for other instuments. I just happened upon it yesterday and saw the Smarvo guitar stacks in the window and giant window paint that says they have guitars. I had some time to kill and curiosity got the best of me so I went in.

They have a lot of the Smarvo products in there. Guitar amps and keyboard amps as well.

I didn't play through anything so I have no idea what they sound like. The staff was clueless so they weren't any help. I was just taken back by the all tube 300 watt head and the hybrid head, which by the way looks a lot like an Ashdown Mag Series case. In fact the keyboard amps look alot like the old Ibanez Soundwave bass combos from several years ago. I used to own an Ibanez SW65 practice amp and the kickback cabinet, the carry handles and tolex covering looks identical to my old Ibanez amp. They probably built them for Ibanez.