1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

SMARVO BS2-100

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by GW6APK, Dec 11, 2013.

1. GW6APK

GW6APK

HELP !!
    Where can I find a schematic for a SMARVO BS2-100 ?
    This amp is also sold as a TORQ BS2-100 and I wouldn't be surprised to find the same chassis in an ASHTON, EDEN or IBANEZ etc, etc.
    The company has not resonded to my many emails so any help will be greatly appreciated.
    George

2. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Welcome to TalkBass George.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for finding a schematic for anything made in the far east, not easily anyway.

I had to trace mine when I wanted one for my Fame BVH300.
    Shortly after that, Eden published the schematics for E300T, which is nearly identical.

What do You need the schematic for?
    I've only had a quick glimpse onto the guts of these, but they seemed very simple.
    Almost tube amp simple ;).

Regards
    Sam

3. GW6APK

GW6APK

Hi Sam.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I bought this as "Brand new faulty" from a dealer up North.
    It's not a complex amp as you say, but I'd like a circuit to trace the fault.
    It doesn't work at all. The + and - supply rails are OK but not a squeak out of it.
    Nothing looks cooked, the PCB looks good, the drivers and output transistors read fine on a meter.
    The only clue I have is one of the signal transistors (perhaps in the protection circuit) of the output stages is getting hot. That also reads good on a meter.
    I am starting to draw the circuit and if I finish it, I will post it to you.

All the best,
    George

4. GW6APK

GW6APK

The following transistors were faulty: Q7 (2SA970) Q9 (2SC2240) Q12 (2SC4793) and Q13 (2SA1837) but their destruction was a result of one of the main 10,000uF 63V reservoir electrolytic capacitors going completely open-circuit.
    Replacing these components has cured the problem and the amp works very well.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. T-Bird

T-Bird

Hi.

Thanks for the follow up George, that information will point the next person with the same problem towards to one possible cause.

Glad to hear also that the amp is up and running again.

Regards
    Sam