1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Snarling Dogs SDP-1 Tweed E. Dog

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cornelius Dawse, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Cornelius Dawse

Cornelius Dawse

Greetings, fellow bassists!
    I was looking for a near, cheap, available overdrive that sounds good on bass, and a nearby pawn shop has a Snarling Dogs SDP-1 Tweed E. Dog pedal in stock. Of course, this is a guitar pedal that is intended to emulate the sound of those good ol' Fender amps overdrive. I've heard a few sound clip, and it sounded gorgeous on a guitar, but nothing was found on bass... Actually, I almost didn't find anything at all!
    Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this pedal or any Snarling Dogs, which doesn't exist anymore, to my knowledge!
    Cheers in advance!
  2. andvari7

andvari7

I have tried several pedals by Snarling Dogs, and none of those experiences were pleasant. The Mold Spore, which is a wah and ring modulator, had a very uninteresting wah sound, and a ring modulator that was, well, pretty cool. I felt it had shoddy construction - the throw on the treadle felt like it wasn't fluid. The bypass was, if I remember correctly, not great.

The Bootsy wah, which is one of the pedals available at Musician's Friend, is, in contrast, a much better product. Well, it sounded better. It still had the same poor construction, though, and I had the wahs I wanted, so I passed.

But, those were wahs, and they had other products. Products with which I have no experience. All I can say is: good luck.
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Based on the horrible build quality of the Bootzilla wah I had I would stay away from Snarling dogs products.
  4. Cornelius Dawse

Cornelius Dawse

Anyway, I had such a bad service from the storeman that I went somewhere else and got a Bad Monkey. I am SATISFIED!