Snarling Dogs SDP-1 Tweed E. Dog

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cornelius Dawse, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Cornelius Dawse

Cornelius Dawse

Greetings, fellow bassists!
    I was looking for a near, cheap, available overdrive that sounds good on bass, and a nearby pawn shop has a Snarling Dogs SDP-1 Tweed E. Dog pedal in stock. Of course, this is a guitar pedal that is intended to emulate the sound of those good ol' Fender amps overdrive. I've heard a few sound clip, and it sounded gorgeous on a guitar, but nothing was found on bass... Actually, I almost didn't find anything at all!
    Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this pedal or any Snarling Dogs, which doesn't exist anymore, to my knowledge!
    Cheers in advance!
  2. andvari7

andvari7

I have tried several pedals by Snarling Dogs, and none of those experiences were pleasant. The Mold Spore, which is a wah and ring modulator, had a very uninteresting wah sound, and a ring modulator that was, well, pretty cool. I felt it had shoddy construction - the throw on the treadle felt like it wasn't fluid. The bypass was, if I remember correctly, not great.

The Bootsy wah, which is one of the pedals available at Musician's Friend, is, in contrast, a much better product. Well, it sounded better. It still had the same poor construction, though, and I had the wahs I wanted, so I passed.

But, those were wahs, and they had other products. Products with which I have no experience. All I can say is: good luck.
  3. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

Based on the horrible build quality of the Bootzilla wah I had I would stay away from Snarling dogs products.
  4. Cornelius Dawse

Cornelius Dawse

Anyway, I had such a bad service from the storeman that I went somewhere else and got a Bad Monkey. I am SATISFIED!