1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Sneezing: Just once or multiple times?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MonetBass, Jan 23, 2014.

?

Sneeze count?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2014.
  1. Just once, then I'm good.

15 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Many times - please make it stop!

27 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. Carrot sneezes

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

The reason I bring this up is because a woman a work sneezes in fits -- as in 5-8 times. It freaked me out the first time she did it. Me? Just once, 99% of the time.
  2. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Really depends on the cause.

Generally I'll sneeze twice, though sometimes it's only a single, sometimes it can be quite a few more (if there's enough stimuli).
  3. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

For me, it's usually twice, sometimes three.
  4. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

two or three for me
  5. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

Once, but it rocks Richter scales. I also really like sneezing, it's like an orgasm from my nose.
  6. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

I'm a chronic sneezer. I'll usually sneeze twice, sometimes three times. Basically until whatever is irritating my nose is out.

And you know what i hate about america? Everyone will say bless you. Like it doesnt matter where i am, if i sneeze in america, someone will say bless you. And it annoys me because 1- i don't like talking to strangers so i don't want to have to say thank you after and 2 - I frankly find it rude that you acknowledge that you heard my sneeze and in fact paid enough attention to it to say bless you and also...i feel its passive agressive sometimes though that's probably just me being paranoid and what's more, there's a chance i will sneeze again in a few seconds and you shouldn't have to feel like you have to say bless you again but you probably will anyway which just makes it awkward for everyone. And what if i have to sneeze a third time? So please america, stop saying bless you when people sneeze. It's especially terrible for us chronic sneezers. And for the record i don't want to be blessed. What does that even mean? Well, I don't care whatever it means... Don't talk to me, i don't know you, and because i don't know you it's not like you actually mean it anyway, it's just a stupid thoughless habit. Don't do it.
  7. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

Yeah i have loud ones too.

(both sneezes and orgasms)
  8. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

9. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

i think you may need to talk to someone
  10. mimaz

mimaz Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    Ummmm......Gesundheit?

:bag:
  11. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME! Supporting Member

I get out one, sometimes two.
  12. Gaolee

Gaolee The Fat Violin Supporting Member

Two is the minimum for me. Four or five is common. More than five is pretty rare. Getting onto a sneeze roll sucks.
  13. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

I prefer for people not to say "bless you" when I sneeze as well, but it's just a custom.
  14. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Once, many years ago, a guy sneezed in the library so I looked up and said "damn you!"

Just for the look on his face.
  15. dreads311

dreads311

My buddy from high school had a crazy sneeze. Instead of the standard "achoo", it was like "achoo-ch-ch-choo-ch-choo!" It'd be like seven sneezes in under two seconds, as if his sneeze had a bad stutter. Kinda scared me a bit.
  16. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

1-3 times for me, and they're LOUD!
  17. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Hahaha!

Me personally I don't say "Bless you" when someone else sneezes because the custom is obviously superstitious in origin.
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister Supporting Member

My whole life, it was once. I moved to New Hampshire in October 2011, got the flu shot in November, now I sneeze in multiples. Usually three or four each time.

-Mike
  19. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

Don't be so ungrateful. Those kindly strangers have prevented you from developing full-blown bubonic plague.
  20. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

Gesundheit! :p:bag: