1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

So confused please help

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by humblelearner, Jan 14, 2014.

1. humblelearner

humblelearner

I have been wanting desperately to learning this bass lick for years I could not find any tabs or notation and now finally there are tabs listed for the song but but I can't make sense of them it says these tabs are an octave higher than original and when I try to transpose it goes off the scale

And it is the same tabs listed in all various sites just cut and paste

This is what it reads :

[NOTE: Original tuning for this song on the album is 1/2-step down.
    This tab is arranged for standard tuning, (mostly) an octave higher
    than originally performed.]

I emailed David Patton the original player for this piece and he was gracious enough to email me a reply a video of him playing it for me but there is no way I can slow it down enough to figure out what he's doing so the frustration mounts it is only 10 or 11 note I'm trying to learn but can anyone help me figure out the Psychobabble song by the Alan Parsons Project I would be so grateful!!!

What I got was A#(A1), D#,D#(D1), F#(D4), C(A3), F(D3), D#,D#(D1), C# (A4), D# D#

After that it doesn't make sense it calls for an F sharp and the tabs a D# at (A6) but when I drop it down an octave lowest note I can get is an open E
  2. SeeBread

SeeBread

When in the song is the lick you want to learn? You need to be more specific.
  3. humblelearner

humblelearner

It's just the intro for the first 10 or 11 notes on the bass intro right after piano comes in
  4. humblelearner

humblelearner

Trying so hard to learn it and just cant find it
  5. SeeBread

SeeBread

-----------------------
    ---5-5-4--------------
    7---------7--5--7-----
    -------------------0---

--------------
    --------------
    ------0-2-----
    -0-3------0---

Hopefully you can work out the timing yourself. I assume you wanted it in tab.