so does the sansamp bddi modle like the rbi? im confused haha.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BtsBassPlayer, Feb 1, 2013.

1. BtsBassPlayer

BtsBassPlayer

help me out. completely redoing my live rig.

I have an rbi and i love the modeling feature , especially straight to the board.

but does the pedal do the same thing? if so, im going to get that and use the rbi at the studio.

ignorant and im sorry :(

2. inmate13

inmate13

Hey!

I owned and used both and they are totally different things :) BDDI was more aggressive than RBI, dunno why but thats how it was. They should do the same thing, they just sound different.

For live i preffered RBI more, because you have seperate level controls for your amp and for PA ( xlr ).

3. BtsBassPlayer

BtsBassPlayer

Yeah that is a good point about the separate controls for that xlr out.

I did own a Bddi and i know what you mean about it being more aggressive! i got some amazing tones out of that thing.

Im using an 8 space rack right now and im about to be on tour like 6 months this year so im trying to knock the rack down to like a 4u .

Im trying to decide if i want to pare the sansamp bddi to the b2re head. or if i just need to get a nicer power amp and run the rbi through that!

I also want an rbi at the studio because as you know the rbi is the ULTIMATE bass recording rack as well. haha

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not according to the manufacturer:
    OP, you might want to also read that rep's other posts, including on your previous thread:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/search.php?searchid=15711725

The RBI uses the exact same modeling circuit as the BDDI. The only thing different is a couple of the controls. However, and this applies to inmate13 too, don't make the mistake of thinking "12:00" or "3:00" or whatever will mean identical results between the two units. Just being manufactured with different potentiometers will make "o'clock" numbers almost meaningless.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

I degassed by selling my RBI. BDDI deluxe doesn't have the mid control but I use a graphic eq with it. It's same to me but I never a/b'd them.

7. BtsBassPlayer

BtsBassPlayer

so the xlr out to the board signal. from the bddi also emulates a full rigged tone like the rbi?

also i followed your twitter.good stuff ha!

8. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

I had Mike Putnum mod my BDDI by adding a mid control. So it's pretty damn close to a RBI in a box.......

9. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Pretty much the same IMO and according to Tech21. The control layout & settings will throw you as they are not identical. If using the BDDI, the best thing you can do is stick a piece of tape over the "Level" graphic and pencil-in "Mids". Balanced w/ the treble, bass, and judicious blend adjustment, you can get some pretty impressive tones.

Riis

10. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep!

11. BtsBassPlayer

BtsBassPlayer

getting a pedal! i just need one.