So how long after running 1 Aguilar GS112 will I want another?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by armybass, Mar 2, 2014.

1. armybass

armybass Roscoe Bass Lover Gold Supporting Member

Getting my first Aguilar GS112 in the next few weeks. It will replace my Avatar 210 ad my main gigging rig paired with my Markbass F500. For most of my gigs I am sure the 112 is going to be fine and I am sure at some point I will feel the need to add another GS112 to get more power from my rig.... but I am just wondering haw many of you all started with one and added a second and how long did it take for you to add the second... and what are your impressions?
  2. bgavin

bgavin Supporting Member

A week, at most.
  3. pfschim

pfschim Just a Skeleton with a Jazz bass

well, I had one, but it only lasted about 6 months in my working rig before I sold it. I found mine to be too neutral sounding for my tastes (not that I want a tone of "cab coloration"). Its a fine cab, it just did not add much to what I was looking for.

It's only a 1x12, so for small gig sizes will be fine, depending on gig/music styles you cover of course. But if you ever need significant punch or room coverage w/o bass in a PA, you will want another 1x12 sooner rather than later, because a single 12 is unlikely to provide a whole lot of whump.

I am a huge fan of 12's BTW, and my personal cab of choice is a Berg CN212. That added 12, plus the cab design of course, is a big step up in volume and punch.

enjoy!
  4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

That was my thought too. :)
    AlexanderB likes this.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Jon R

Jon R

It all depends on how much GAS you have...

Attached Files:

• 039.jpg
      039.jpg
      File size:
      178.8 KB
      Views:
  7. Monkey

Monkey Supporting Member

I would guess about a week, too. I used two GS112s for a few years and loved them. Two together sounded so much deeper, richer, and louder. I stacked them on end to get them closer to ear level (it took some modification). I went to fEARful 12/6 cabs, but had a good experience with GS112s. I hope you enjoy yours!
  8. Firesalt

Firesalt Pretty fly for a white guy. Supporting Member

I use a single GS112 and love it. It's primarily for practice and it's great, I go straight PA for most playing. The one time I took it out last year for a smallish-medium size gig I was pushing it and would have liked another cab. You should get another cab.
  9. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    Depends on your needs, usage and what you like to hear from your rig.....
    I started with two GS112s right off the bat.. Went to four.. than back to two. Then sold them and got some punchier cabs. The Mesa 112s are punchier just about as deep in the lows and highs without all that mid loss. and about $100 cheaper than the Aggy with a nice user Crossover unit that has selectable Tweet Freqs. 3k, 4, and 5k.. .. I never owned the Mesa just borrowed my close buds then used them on a few gigs ... The mesa also sounds louder to me than one GS112.. So i can see that if you are good with one GS then you may never have to get a second cab if you got a Mesa PH112.

Another great sounding cab is the Bergantino. But they are expensive and he keeps changing his product line and discontinuing things, That frustrates me and makes me nuts , Because if i want to get another cab a year or two later, I cant be
    casue he doesnt make them anymore. So you have to looked for used... .. Ughhh
  10. zflava

zflava

I added my 2nd GS after 1 month and it blew me away. I love it!!
  11. armybass

armybass Roscoe Bass Lover Gold Supporting Member

yeah I think it was less than a month..... :)
  12. DanGR

DanGR

A bass player friend of mine bought an Avatar 12 and bought another as soon as he could afford one. I believe he's pretty happy with his set up now.